Saturday, September 24, 2011

Introducing Lemonade Mom "C"

Since I’m the older twin, I guess I’ll go first!  Winking smile  I have to say I am not entirely sure if there is one way to describe myself, more like lots of different ways.  I and blessed with great friends and an amazing family.  I love to work (yes work), travel and I absolutely love snuggling up with a good book, a cup of hot tea and our wood stove blazing in the background…although part of my journey includes trying to find the time for things like that!
2011-05-169513 31 00I was the first of us to become a mommy.  My son was born on October 20, 2010.  At this moment we’re also expecting our second little one!  In the interest of protecting my family I’m not going to mention my little one’s first name throughout this blog, so I’ll just call him “Lil’ C”.  He is the joy of our lives and has taught us more than we could have ever imagined about life, love and each other.  My hope is that this blog not only helps other people, but also serves as somewhat of a journal of my journey that I can pass down to both my children. 
Duchemin-84smallMy husband and I were blessed to be introduced by Shay’s husband several years ago and have now been married for a little over 2 years .  Despite our bias view of Lil’ C, our lives are far from perfect.  Being working parents has definitely presented challenges and making time for each other has yet to be a priority like we know it should.  Sometimes we’re more like fire and ice than I’d like to admit, but he makes me a better person!  His type A personality balances with my laid back “come as it may” attitude.  And vice versa.  So we work hard at doing what makes the other person happy thus searching for that fine balance between the regimented culture of a military base and the mellow world of hippies living on a campground.  And in order to keep that balance, I work very hard at creating habits for myself, use lots of lists and spend lots and lots of time getting organized and re-organized (all of which you’ll learn about along the way). 
During the duration of my pregnancy I picked up lots and lots of books and read lots of articles about being pregnant, breastfeeding, newborns, sleep training, etc.  So I’d say I’m probably considered the reader of us two.  I feel empowered by reading and hearing other women’s stories.  I Google everything and I’m definitely the patient with a notepad and pencil at each doctors appointment!  I am blessed with several dear friends, who have all helped me along the way with becoming a wife and mother.  All of which I’m sure you’ll hear about along the way also.  I love to cook when I have time and hate to cook when I am rushed.  And above all, I find my strength in God. 
To sum it all up, here is one of my favorite quotes.  Which I’d like to think is the basis for most of this blog and I pray that all of us can learn to live by these words. 
'May today there be peace within. May you trust that you are exactly
where you are meant to be. May you not forget the infinite
possibilities that are born of faith in yourself and others. May you
use the gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has
been given to you. May you be content with yourself just the way you
are. Let this knowledge settle into your bones, and allow your soul
the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each and
every one of us.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis