Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Earthquake in Virginia??

Well, today I got to experience my first earthquake, along with many other east coasters!  Not that it was an exciting thing, it was kind of freaky actually. 
Shannon and I had gone across the water to visit a friend who has a new baby (an adorably perfect new baby by the way) and we were all hanging out in the living room, when the house started to shake.  Well, not shake per say, but more like sway.  Honestly, I was on the floor caught up doing something with my little man, so I barely noticed it.  But Shannon, and my friend and her husband stood up right away, thinking something big happened.  After going outside and realizing neighbors felt it too, I started to get a little anxious.  After watching the news and realizing it was a 5.9 at the epicenter (near Charlottesville, VA) and that the waves were felt all the way from NY to South Carolina, I realized just what a big deal earthquakes can be.
Luckily everything was fine and there were no deaths and no major accidents from it.  It makes you think…about life and your children and beyond.  We have a monstrous hurricane coming our way this weekend too (which by the way, is ruining our girls weekend away for our friends bachelorette party… I know – SQUEEZE THAT LEMON).  So earthquake today, hurricane this weekend!
Anyhow, all these moments in life make you appreciate the fact that honestly at any second it can all be taken away.  So I kissed my little guy and squeezed him like a lemon before putting him to bed tonight.  Then I prayed for safety and grace for me and my family.  Because really, that’s about all you can do.  Love and live right while you can…
Goodnight Lemonade Moms!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis