Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Computer.... HELP!

While starting this blog I realized just how BADLY I need a new computer.  I shudder to think about computer shopping again because (even though I feel I'm more tech savvy than the average lemon...ha-ha get it?) for me it's one of the most over-whelming tasks.  So I thought, since I have this great resource now, I will ask you for help.  I am interested in a desk top (maybe all-in-one touch screen?) and a laptop. 

Here are my must haves….
1. SPEED:  Internet and multitasking ability is a must.  The more you get to know me, the more you will realize how impatient I am! Thank god I am not trying this back in the “dial-up” days!
2. Web Cam:  We will eventually begin to post videos! Also, since my parents live out of the state I would love to be able to Skype with them so they can see "Miss H" grow!
3. Microsoft Office: We are addicted to Excel spreadsheets! (you will see… just keep checking back for great templates)
4. Photo Friendly: Definitely need plent of storage for photos (I love taking pictures) and programs to view and edit them!
5. Size:  I'd like a large screen yet compact unit! I love not having to scroll across or down on every website or program but I can’t stand bulky heavy units! With a growing family in a small rancher, space is always limited (which is why I hate paper clutter… I’d rather have room for accessories!!!)

Here is what I don’t need…
1. No beef'd up gaming, graphics, galore needed.  I don’t play video games.
2. No preference on color (although I LOVE lemon yellow Flirt male )
3. I am completely Mac illiterate! So sorry Apple I just can’t figure you out!
4. Ability to play movies on my desktop is not a necessity. 

And I think that is about it! So let me know your thoughts on brands, processors, hard drive space, etc. Because I KNOW all mommies need a great computer and I am sure many of you have them! I will write back and let you know what I choose and how I like it! Smile

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE as my skin is crawling thinking about all the options!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis