Monday, October 3, 2011

My Sunday Squeeze Tools

I am a huge advocate for having that right tools to do a good job! There are many, many different things you could use along the way but here are my “must-have” items that help me make the most out of my meal making success!

1. Rubbermaid TakeAlongs: You will need some frozen food containers that stack well in the freezer. When the twins had their babies last year I spent an entire day cooking and used the Rubbermaid TakeAlong rectangle storage containers. There are many different sizes depending on what you want to freeze.  I could fit 2, sometimes 4 servings in each one. When I was done I had 12 container of food, a little something to get them through those first couple of weeks, when all the help was gone.

2. Brother PT 90 Labeler: You can buy freezer labels, but I like the look of typed labels.  A label maker will let you label your frozen foods so you know the “out date”; this is the date they should be used by. I bought mine at Office Max. There are lots more to choose from depending on your budget. Office Max often has a coupon on their website. They also have a great rewards program. You get points for purchases, but also get $3 rewards every time you return a used ink cartridge. I just received $12 thru email to be used on anything in the store! I like it!


3. Mainstay Produce Keeper: This LM helper is on my top 10 must haves in the kitchen, it not only keeps my veggies fresh for longer, but allows me to see thru the container so I know what I have to use up. It lives on the top shelf of my fridge and reminds me every time I look in, to EAT MORE VEGGIES! No more gross, slimy veggies gone bad in the bottom drawer. Produce is much toooooo expensive to waste.

I discovered see through glass containers about 5 years ago.  Before this, finding gross, smelly yuck in a container was a common experience.  Now, being able to see through and label my containers it allows me to use up all that expensive food before it goes bad.  I know some of you are saying "I don't use or eat leftovers".  Is it because you don't know what to do with them?  Or, is it because they go bad before you can?



If you have any tools you can't live without, please share! I love hearing about new kitchen gadgets!  
But, to earn a place in my kitchen it has to be something I use on a regular basis!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis